Monday, July 30, 2007

Noisy house and a Bella update


Wow. The noise in here is giving me a headache! It is normally a pretty big circus around here, but now all three of my peanuts are teething. Isaac is getting his 6 year molars, Savannah is finally getting some 2 year molars, and Bella is getting 6 teeth (yes SIX) all at once. This will be a nice addition since she only has her bottom two. The older two kids are pretty good about the teething. Isaac only complains when he eats, and Savannah just chews on everything in sight. Bella, on the other hand, moans continuously. Day and night. I am really starting to wonder when she is going to sleep at night. I can count on two hands how many times she has slept thru the night. Eight. And by sleeping thru the night I don't mean a nice 12 hour stretch. More like seven on those sleeping thru the night times. I know at one point her doctor kind of wondered if all this has something to do with her head jerking issues.

Speaking of Bella's head, I mentioned before we had it measured and its well off the charts (large) for her age and her adjusted age. The doctor is watching for more spikes in the chart. We go in again August 22. At her last checkup her iron was checked again and is finally on the low end of the normal range. She is no longer anemic (YAH), so are able to try taking her off formula and onto whole milk. We have tried several times unsuccessfully. Her reflux is aweful when we try the milk, even with her Prevacid. Tonight I was at the grocery, so I picked up some Lactose free milk to try. Maybe that is the problem. My kids and their immature GI systems. Why can't it just be simple for once?

Bella's left eye still seems to be turning in every so often. Both girls are still set to go back to the ped ophthalmologist in early Oct.

Tomorrow morning Bella's Physical Therapist comes to the house. I am excited for her to show off all her new skills to Margaret. I am hoping she will maybe get discharged soon from the PT portion of her Early Intervention Program. The only concern I have is she is starting to walk and turns her right leg out when toddling. I've had concerns before with her right side, so I am hoping it's nothing. Come early September, her teacher will start coming out again and working on cognitive/language issues. I'm interested to see what path this takes.

I hope you are all enjoying the last part of summer. It won't be long and we will be heading back to school. My classes start up again August 27, so I am trying to pack in as many things as possible, before I add that back into the mix. :)

1 comment:

Johnette said...

Those are some cute kids!! I'm sorry to hear about the teething. Hopefully it will be over soon. Enjoy your last few days before school starts, I know I am trying to!