Thursday, May 3, 2007

EEG

Well, Bella has an EEG scheduled for Monday to see if they can pinpoint any seizure activity. For a few months now she has been having some strange jerking going on. We had been trying to get it on video forever. We started to relax a little more about it, as she was reaching milestones and it didn't seem to be impacting her negatively. Then on Monday, while in the Wal-Mart check-out line, she had an episode that really scared me (and the lady behind me!). She screamed afterward, and then slept hard for a few hours. I took her in to the doctor on Tuesday. She decided to call the neurologist, who ordered the EEG. Ironically, yesterday she started again while in her high chair, and I was able to get a 4 minute long episode on video. We dropped it by the doc's and now have the EEG on Monday at Children's. We are supposed to sleep deprive her beforehand. We ask that you please keep us in your prayers. We have been pretty worried, and are hoping to get some answers. They told us the EEG isn't always conclusive, as it may not reflect anything unless an episode were to happen during the test. I really hope this isn't just a wild goose chase.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear that is going on! I bet the episodes are really scary! I will be praying for good news. My husband had childhood epilepsy and then the seizures just stopped. He hasn't had one since he was 15 years old!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! We will keep you inour prayers as you see the dr. We will pray that the dr's find answers and can get to the bottom of it. Keep us posted.

Jennifer said...

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. This stuff is scary!

Lisa said...

:( :( :(

Jess, this makes me as scared as when I had to take William. In your Mommy-heart do you think it is seizures? I pray for the best for sweet Bella and your family!