Friday, October 12, 2007

What's that saying? When it rains, it pours.

Man, what a streak of bad luck. So in the midst of dealing with all this house damage from the hail storm we managed to get rear ended in our van. It was some high school kid that wasn't paying attention. His excuse was "I'm a senior and high school and I'm just so busy!" OK...

So then the brakes in both cars start squealing- both need new brakes. On top of that the water pump in the van is leaking so it needs to be replaced within a week! HA. Right.

Among all the chaos, Bella continues to not sleep at night and all of a sudden her reflux has really flared back up. The other night we were up with her until after 4am and we could hear her refluxing every 30 seconds. She was just screaming and wouldn't even take a bottle. I took her in that morning and sure enough the reflux had caused an infection in her nose, which in turn led to an ear infection. She is on antibiotics now and we will more than likely be upping her prevacid. I need to call back on that.

We are looking forward to an uneventful weekend. Maybe the pumpkin patch?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh gosh...

When it rains its pours is right!

We found Arianna's reflux got worse about 2 months ago too... we can't increase her dose or change medicine though - gotta wait for genetic testing (for Long Qt Syndrome) at the end of the month to find what she can take...

I hope sun shines for all of you soon!!

Anonymous said...

OH JESS! i hope things are uneventful for you this weekend!!!! Hang in there!!!!

Jen

Amanda said...

I'm sorry! I hope the weekend was uneventful. I swear that saying is true - when it rains, it does pour!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...It is so hard to not get any sleep. How do you do it? It is so hard to have everything hit you at once. But remember that God does not give you more than you can handle, you must be a strong family!!

The Drews Family said...

Jessica -

I lost your email address in my change over of computers but would love to drop you a line. Email it to me when you get a chance. I just got a little caught up here on your little peanuts.

Heather

Meegan Beth said...

Jess-Sorry to hear about all the troubles and also for not being able to call you. I always think of it when I can't get to the phone...I will try in the next few days. I hope Bella has gotten better and that all else is looking up. Kelly's right-God won't give you more than you can handle-just keep trusting Him!