Saturday, February 10, 2007

Screaming, screaming, and more screaming

I am not sure why at almost 9 months old Isabella is STILL screaming when laying down, but I am about ready to pull my hair out. She still has not learned to sleep thru the night, or go to sleep without screaming for no end. I don't know if it's just her "preemie" thing where she can't be soothed or what. She sleeps maybe 1 hour all day on a good day. When I lay her down she just screams. We have been trying the "crying it out" thing for a few months now and the "crying" periods have not gotten any shorter. She could cry for well over an hour, or hours if I let her probably. I usually let her go for 1/2 hour now and then I just can't stand it any longer. Her reflux meds seem to be ok, so I am thinking it's not that??? I don't know if it's just sensory issues or what. At night, it's the same thing. She is better at sleeping some longer stretches at night, but God forbid she wake up~ it's just more screaming then for who knows how long. Last night Todd fed her twice during the night to get her calmed down. I really thought she'd be sleeping better when I decided to go back to school. What was I thinking? agghhh

Bella started a runny nose the other day. She's started coughing a little now too, so I am hoping it is not the same thing that caused Savannah and Isaac's pneumonia. Pins and needles.

Savannah will be 2 on Monday. She sure is growing up. We were going to have a small party today with grandparents, but everyone was sick with colds, so we postponed till next weekend. We can't be having any more germs come into the house. I had already ordered a Hello Kitty cake for her, so we had to go pick that up. We dug into it today. I'm sure my blood sugar loved that;-) I will post some pictures by Monday. Savannah was so excited. She just kept saying, "my, my."

Stay warm and thanks for checking the site! Will the temp ever get above 0 again?? I am starting to wonder....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jeez... thank you for posting this Jess. Although I hate that you are going through this, it helps to know I am not alone in the endless screaming.

Has your Ped given her any Levsin drops? They worked for Margaret but not William...

(((HUGS)))

Lynnette RB said...

Jessica and Todd,
You are phenomenal! Walk gently and know that you are surrounded with love and care, even in the midst of the scream-ies.
-Lynnette & Craig