Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Good news, bad news, and a not so good feeling



Like my new coat?

Isabella had her appointment today at the pediatric eye doctor. Good news, her vision is awesome right now and she scored above average on tracking. :) Then came the not so good news. She has a droopy right eyelid, or ptosis. I have noticed this before, but thought maybe MY eyes were playing tricks on me. Now that I look back at pictures, I can see it. The doctor will see her back in October. Apparently it can affect her vision and/or cause a lazy eye to develop. If problems start, he said a surgery can be done to tighten that eye muscle. :( Savannah will also have her next appointment in Oct to recheck her eye issues.

On the way home I started to have a not so good feeling. We have been noticing subtle things about her right side that are becoming less subtle with time. At 10 months she still doesn't use her right leg/side to roll to the left when on her back. She is starting to scoot and uses only her left side to pull herself. She is starting to hold her bottle when we encourage it, but only uses her left hand open. She will keep the right hand in a fist, but will keep it open if we open it for her. Now her right eyelid is droopy, more obvious at times, less at others. She does use her right side, just not for certain things. Her physical therapist comes out next week so I will ask her what she thinks. Something seems not quite right.

2 comments:

The Drews Family said...

I'm interested to see where things go from here for your little girl. Glad you're on it already.

Great news her eye sight is good!

~k~ said...

I've not been reading blogs lately but I wanted to send you some support about this. I've noticed in the past that my girl also has a side that seems less active- although hers is the left. It became glaringly apparent when she actually had teeth only on the left side of her mouth- crazy. I wrote a post about it a while back. I'm also interested in the follow up on this.